Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

On saturday July 25th I had a babysitter cone in... on Monday

Customer Question

On saturday July 25th I had a babysitter cone in... on Monday July 27th she called me and said she had a confirmed case of scabies... at that time I bagged everything vacummed and disinfected and washed all linen... I keep vacuuming and keeping way up with laundry and her stuffed animals and mattes for crib is still bagged... she has 2 spot on her foot. She don't seem to be ithy at them but than again she can't tell me she is... there also is a few baby pimples on her face.. still don't seem itchy at them... her age is 9 months old... if she had the mites would it be more than those few spots?? That js
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidwow, I can't believe that babysitter.you are doing all the right things to wash everything with hot water.mites are easily killed with washing linen and bathing regularlynot itching is a good sign that scabies has not spread.bring in the baby in for regular wellness check.but it doesn't sound like she has symptoms of scabies at this pointlet me know if you have questions.