Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I had an accident October 10 th 2014 and hit my right side

Customer Question

I had an accident October 10 th 2014 and hit my right side of my head and ear . My problem with neck aches are resolved but the right ear is still swollen and I have trouble wearing my glasses. the back of the ear continues to hurt and the pain descends down into the neck on the right side . I am going to the specialist in Sept. Is there anything to do in the meantime ?. It has taken this long because doctors have not dealt with the ear pain .
Emma
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
sounds like post concussion syndrome to me
has this been diagnosed?
you need to see a neurologist and get checked for PCS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
getting an appointment with a neurologist will take months, is there another way to investigate .? going to the outdoor clinic ?
maybe a walk -in clinic ? I already have an appoinment in Sept. to a nose/ear/throat specialist because I told my doctor in
June that my ear still hurt and I hear better in the other ear so he gave me a reference to ORL nose/ear/throat .
I'D LIKE MORE INPUT FROM DR> PHIL< HE'S VERY GOOD SO FAR . HOW DO I RATE HIM WITHOUT PAYING AGAIN ?
Yes, go to urgent care.
They will be able to check you.