Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I visited a local er and had a CT-scan of the chest. It showed

Customer Question

I visited a local er and had a CT-scan of the chest. It showed a homogenous liver and spleen in variances for early arterial phase. What does this mean?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In addition to liver and spleen in variances for early arterial phase, scan also showed an enlarged pericarnal lymph node which has increased in size since last scan. What does this indicate?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidhomogeneous liver and spleen means the liver looks uniform and normalvarices curry blood vessels which can swell up due to several issues. it could be completely normal for you.precarinal lymph nodes are in front of the carina in the mediastinum which is between the lungs and above the heart.these lymph nodes filter lymphatic fluid from the lungshow large is that lymph node? if it is larger than 2cm in size, it might need a biopsy.lung inflammation like allergies, cold, cough, asthma, pneumonia, bronchitis, smoking, pollution can all cause lung lymph nodes to enlarge to help the body fight infections