Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Im 21 with a dent on the right side of my head similar to a

Customer Question

im 21 with a dent on the right side of my head similar to a soft spot with no hair on this spot.is that any cause for concern?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Since how long you have this? Is this a bulge or a dent? How large it is? Is it painful? Is the overlying skin normal? Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
had since birth and its a dent but the surface of it is flat with no hair growing on it.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. This is a congenital anomaly. It can happen normally in few people. There is neither anything serious behind this nor there any need to be concerned about this. This dent is not going to cause any medical illness in future. The only concern is this that you don't have hair on that area. If you want to have hair there, you can get a hair transplant there. But otherwise I reassure you that there is no cause for concern. My best wishes are for you for a happy and a healthy life. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards