Dr. Amir
Dr. Amir, Doctor
Experience:  Master of Internal medicine & Gastroenterology with six years of experience (London). MBBS
16101430

I have a swollen left ankle which does not hurt.it has done

Customer Question

I have a swollen left ankle which does not hurt.it has done this once before.can you answer my question
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to have few important details. You have any history of diabetes? Any history of blood clots? How long you have swollen ankle? Any discoloration? You are taking any medication?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No diabetes.noblood clots.one time about 4 weeks ago.finally went down.just noticed it again few mins ago.color is good.blood pressure,Ativan,Lipitor,zetia,synthroid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to answer
Expert:  Dr. Amir replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the details. I would like to say that sometimes it can be due to the side effect of Lipitor & Zetia which is recognised side effect. I will also like to rule out few other important possibilities such as lymphatic system blockage, arthritis of ankle joint. I will highly advise to see your physician for complete evaluation and tests such as bio-chemical profile including liver function tests, serum urea/creatinine, c-reactive protein, doppler scan of leg. Early evaluation is highly suggested. I will suggest to avoid lifting heavy objects and don't put excessive weight on ankle. Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me. Best wishesDr. Amir Javed.