Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Burning on inner thighs with nothing visible. Was burning on my vulva

Customer Question

Burning on inner thighs with nothing visible. Was burning on my vulva but gone now. Now it's my upper inner thighs that are burning. sTD tests came back negative. Did have a visible rash on the same spot on my thighs about a week ago and I though it was heat rash due to sweating in that area a lot one day. Can heat rash last over a week and I just give it more time????
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. There are two possibilities. Either this can be secondary to heat rash or can be related to some nerve inflammation or nerve irritation. Heat rash is less likely to cause this burning in the absence of any visible rash. The more likely cause is nerve related problem. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available tablet Aleve twice daily for a week can be tried. It is anti inflammatory and will help you. If symptoms persist, see your doctor but hopefully will not be required. I reassure you that these symptoms are not indicative of anything serious. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. After I typed this the throbbing in my valvular region started again. On and off burning as well. Now I'm really confused!
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your input. The suspicion remains the same. Start with my suggestions and you will feel better soon. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards