Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I am allergergic to femtyal and dilauted and codein what can

Customer Question

I am allergergic to femtyal and dilauted and codein what can I talke for paid have a collapsing sping have had Rhizotomy and blocks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
For someone that is allergic to fentanyl, Dilaudid, and codeine, that would mean that you are allergic to most opiates, since these three drugs are in the common drug classes for opiates.
The only opiate available in the US that would be in a different chemical class would be methadone. The propoxyphene is also in the same class as the methadone, but has been taken off the market in the US, which is where the system says you are located.
There also is a drug that acts only partly on the opiate receptor, called tramadol. The tramadol also works on the metabolism of serotonin and norepinephrine, similar to Cymbalta. This drug is also in a unique chemical class and would be OK to take.
If I can provide any clarification, please let me know.