Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I walked 2 blocks today and my heart started racing,then it

Customer Question

I walked 2 blocks today and my heart started racing,then it went away,burped and had acidity in my stomach. I have been a bit constipated,gassy and with some acidity in my stomach. Is this serious or normal? Please dont charge me for the question,thanks.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.If you have been having the racing feeling/palpitations of the heart rarely,there is nothing to worry about.Use of antacid drugs like Tums or Mylanta would help with the upset stomach.If acidity is a regular problem,use of Prilosec for about 3 weeks would help.Increase in vegetable fibre ,regular exercise and adequate hydration would resolve the constipation.If the racing heart occurs frequently,it would be prudent to consult your PCP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor,did I get a panic attack?what foods can give me daily a lot of fiber and how much do I need to eat them and how often?
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.
yes,the symptoms resemble a panic attack.Plenty of greens,fruits with fibre like apple,pineapple,oranges,plenty of salads will also help.