Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I just moved here from Massachusetts,and I was on pain medications

Customer Question

I just moved here from Massachusetts,and I was on pain medications while living there for 7 years,while caring for my mother,who passed away last October 16,I am now,living in Florida again,and am about to run out of pain medications.I have osteoarthritis,in my back,spine,neck,both knees,and my arms. I also have 2 bulging discs in my neck.my medicare,part B,does not kick in until July,2016 to have surgery. I will need my pain meds until then,will I still be able to get them? being up north in the cold weather,made my arthritis worse than it was before.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
When it comes to narcotics and strong pain medications the only legal way to obtain them is with a face-to-face meeting with the prescribing MD.
The good news? If you make an appointment with a new MD in your area, and she obtains copies of your previous records, any your physical exam shows that narcotics/pain medication is what you still need, there will be no problem getting a new Rx.
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick MD FACS