Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

At the back of my tongue I have a couple of large lumps which are a whitish in colour larg

Customer Question

At the back of my tongue I have a couple of large lumps which are a whitish in colour larger in one side than the other . There is also a white fury patch with a little lump which is a little sore when I poke at it. My tonsil on the same side is also oddly shaped and coloured and has been so for a little while without pain. I have a large gland under my chin in he same side and above my collar bone on the opposite side. I also just received a positive result in a FIT screening test. What am I looking at?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Could you attach a picture of the mouth and throat?
I had asked for a picture of the changes in the mouth and throat and have not received a reply.
The most common cause of the changes in the mouth and throat and the enlarged gland under the chin would be an infection. The most common infection would be a viral infection, but the appearance on a picture may suggest another infection or a different cause.
A positive FIT screening test indicates that there is some blood in the stool, but does not identify the condition causing the blood or the location within the gut. It can be anywhere from the stomach, such as gastritis or ulcers, to the small or large intestine, such as inflammatory bowel disease, vascular growths, or diverticuli. However, the reason that checking the stool for blood is done as a screening test is that another possible cause of bleeding is cancer of the colon or a polyp in the colon, some of which seem to be pre-cancerous.
The usual response to a positive FIT screening test is to perform additional studies to identify the cause of the bleeding. The most common tests would be a colonoscopy and an endoscopy of the stomach.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text or Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is there any further information that is desired?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have added to the first question a list of all of what I'm feeling with regards ***** ***** glands , ringing in my ears but forgot to add that I have aside from anxiety( which I've had for 7 years) found myself over the past 12 months , back when all of these lumps and things started, I have gradually become less motivated , less driven , extremely tired in the morning.
My tummy is also pretty much always distended, and I feel like I need to poop even when there is nothing there .
If the lumps have been present for 12 months, then it is necessary for you to be seen. There are certain chronic infections that can cause swollen lymph nodes for this length of time. There also would need to be consideration of whether there is any tumor growth in the lymph nodes. Less often, it also could be related to a chronic inflammatory disorder. A proper evaluation is necessary to identify the cause of the symptoms.