Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have a rash that hurts and itchy I think is beginning of

Customer Question

I have a rash that hurts and itchy I think is beginning of shingles. I took picture. I am over 50 and recently fasted for 2 days for a colonoscopy.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Where is the rash located? Is this only on one side of the body? Is the skin sensitive to touch in the area of the rash?
You may if you wish and are able post a picture to this page.. If you see a paperclip icon on the toolbar you may use that to open and upload a picture to the page.
Another option is to load a picture to photobucket and send me the link...
IF YOU DO HAVE SHINGLES then it would be BEST for you to get on a good high dose of Valtrex or similar ANTI-VIRAL medication AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.. this may reduce the severity of the shingles NOW and may help to reduce chronic pain due to POST-HERPETIC NEURALGIA(this is NO JOKE as it may hurt the skin as though you were recovering from a burn)
So correct and prompt diagnosis is essential if you are getting a case of shingles!!
Let me know if you have further questions . Let me know if you want to load a picture or have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you!
If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD