Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My rear end has broken out with acne all over what can I do

Customer Question

my rear end has broken out with acne all over what can I do to get rid of this
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello--What you see as acne may be an acne like condition. It may be related such as folliculitis. It may be a more serious chronic recurrent condition such as hydradenitis suppurativa...I would advise that you see a dermatologist to help evaluate and treat your condition.I would suspect that a KEY component of you getting help would probably include an oral antibiotic such as doxycycline or Keflex or other ( all oral antibiotics are by prescription.)I would suspect a topical combination is probably going to be needed ...topical antibiotic plus exfoliant I suspect will be needed/ helpful for you...Epiduo may be a helpful option...Tazorac may be a helpful option...Azalex...Benzamycin...Duac...Epiduo...Veltin....many others ... Most of strongest products may be in need of prescription so I really think you are best to get dermatologist to check this problem area for you.... You are welcome if you wish to add photo of the skin involved and may post to this page ( open paper clip icon if this is on toolbar on your device would allow you to upload photo to page....) Another waY is to post a picture to site such as photobucket and give the link here I hope that this information is helpful for you.If you have further questions or discussion then I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD