Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Is there a parasite that looks like straw or hay. My daughter

Customer Question

Is there a parasite that looks like straw or hay. My daughter passed it in her stool.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello,Hmmm...thought I just answered this but answer seems to have disappeared... Ok well there areparasiitic worms that may be tan in color and may be of rough diameter of a straw of hay... Short and perfectly straight ...No...that might be an non-digestible particle... If in doubt then meet with her doctor. She may be set up to collect stool specimen and this reviewed by laboratory. This would be tested for range of ova and parasites....this would find the answer ... If she should have a parasitic worm then it would be readily treated... I hope that this information is helpful for you.If you have further questions or discussion then I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD