Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have bilateral pain in both my arm pits and groin...they

Customer Question

I have bilateral pain in both my arm pits and groin...they are so bad, that codeine is not touching it...now, I noticed that I have small circular bruises forming on my arm near my arm pit
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
There are many possible causes of pain in both arm pits and groin. The primary common characteristic between the arm pits and groin is the presence of lymph nodes, so the most common cause of pain in these locations is swelling in these lymph nodes. The most common causes of swelling in the lymph nodes is infection or tumor, although less commonly it also can be due to certain inflammatory conditions.
If it is of shorter duration, it is more likely to be infectious, but if it is of longer duration, it is more worrisome that it could be a tumor.
The blood tests, chest x-ray, and mammogram are appropriate tests. It also may require advanced imaging of the arm pits or groin, such as an ultrasound, or a biopsy of any swollen lymph nodes.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.