Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Hj dr I have burping, neasous, stomach bloating and sometimes

Customer Question

hj dr I have burping, neasous, stomach bloating and sometimes back, lower back pain (MILD) and mild pain in my lower abdominal and sometimes mild pain in my left waist area, and within the last year I had pain in my left flank
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
Are you having any diarrhea or constipation?
Have you notice any change in color of the stool?
Have you had any evaluation for this?
I had asked for some further information and have not heard back.
There are many possible causes of chronic or recurrent nausea, burping, bloating, and abdominal or back pain.
The most common condition is a benign condition called irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS. IBS is due to altered muscular activity of the gut, and can be either an increase or a decrease in muscular activity. IBS is quite common, but there is no test that can prove that IBS is causing symptoms, so the usual approach is to exclude other possible causes.
There are a variety of other conditions that can also cause these symptoms, such as acid irritation syndromes, pancreatitis, inflammatory bowel disease, or a bacterial overgrowth in the gut.
Although it would require a proper evaluation to determine the cause of the symptoms, it may help to try some over the counter medicines. It would be reasonable to try a medicine for relief of gas, such as simethicone, which is available in many different brand name products, or activated charcoal, such as in CharcoCaps. If that is not effective, it would be reasonable to try a medicine to suppress stomach acid, such as ranitidine or omeprazole.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.