Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I having been having upper stomach pain and pain in my right

Customer Question

I having been having upper stomach pain and pain in my right side and back for 3 weeks now I have seen a doctor at the Er they done a cat scan and bloodwork and said everything came back ok still in. a lot of pain my stomach hurts and burns really bad I don't know what to do please help me .
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Have you been given any medications to help with your pain?Do you have any other medical problem?Do you have any other medical problems?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hyoscyamine. Diabetic.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You mentioned your stomach burns, is the burning sensation superficial or deep?Does the pain on the right side of the back increase when you touch or stroke the area?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It feels deep and doesn't make difference if I touch my side or back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't. Been able to work because I have been in so much pain
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for all the information.There a a thing or two things that I would like to have considered and ruled out considering that all the tests that you have had done have come back normal.I think that this pain that you are having could be a nerve pain.This can happen in a couple of ways.It could be due to a pinched nerve in the back which is diagnosed by doing a MRI of your back.It could be neuropathy related to your diabetes.I would recommend that you should have MRI of your back and be given nerve pain medications like pregabalin, gabapentin, to see if those help with your problem.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me by clicking on one of the stars when done.Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A pinched can cause stomach pain
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes a pinched nerve can not only cause stomach pain but also back pain on the right side.Please rate me by clicking on one of the stars.Kind regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Let me know if you have more questions.It is only when you rate me is when I am credited for helping you out.Therefore I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kind regards