Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I have developed a very painful rash under both breasts and

Customer Question

I have developed a very painful rash under both breasts and in both of my underarms. I have had this for 12 days. The bumps are raised and are a purple/red color. This rash does not itch, but is very painful. At first I thought it was a heat rash, but
it is not getting any better. I did use a different type of soap while out of town, but that was over a week ago. Could this be a symptom of some type of a disease?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello !The location of rash under both breasts and to armpit areas sounds most likely to be Candida dermatitis.This is usually a red rash with some irregular bumps or ragged border ...You may treat this type with a NYSTATIN cream applied twice a day for about 10 days should clear this if this is your cause ( Over the counter creams for vaginal yeast >> Monostat would work and may be used on the skin) Clotrimazole May be used as an alternative... You are welcome to post a picture to this page if you wish...No -- not likely a symptom of general disease ...I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions.I will be happy to get back with you.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD