Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

What cause a person to throw up all the time

Customer Question

what cause a person to throw up all the time
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.How long has this been bothering you?Are you having any associated symptoms?
I have not heard back from my request for further information. There are many conditions that can cause significant vomiting. The most likely cause would vary according to the duration of symptoms and whether there are any associated symptoms. If the vomiting is of short duration, then the most likely cause would be a viral infection of the gut, called a gastroenteritis. If the vomiting is of longer duration, then the most common reason would be an acid irritation syndrome, such as gastritis or acid reflux, but several other conditions are also common, such as liver inflammation, gallbladder disease, or pancreatitis. Although it would require a proper evaluation to determine the exact cause, it is reasonable to first try a medicine that suppressed stomach acid, such as ranitidine or omeprazole.