Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Was doing some work in garden when I heard this knocking noise in my head and was dizzy fo

Customer Question

Was doing some work in garden when I heard this knocking noise in my head and was dizzy for a couple off seconds
Felt sort off tired after for about 5 minutes. then back to normal. I'm 78 years old and have had Epileptic fits in the past but always during early mornings.
No fits for the last 5 years. I.m on Keppra 2x 500 Mg. a day.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, This can be a manifestation of epileptic fit as well. Given your history of epilepsy, the present may vary over time. Given the suddenness of incident, that is a strong possibility. Another possibility can be TIA or ministroke. This occurs due to the sudden decrease in blood flow to the brain due to the blockages in the carotid or vertebral arteries. Once the blood flow restores symptoms subside. This is a warning sign of major stroke in future. I will suggest you to go to the local hospital for further check up. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****