Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I currently don't have health insurance and I am afraid no

Customer Question

I currently don't have health insurance and I am afraid no doctor will be able to treat me. When I went back to college, I was 30. I couldn't concentrate, I never could sit and finish an assignment, I was so frustrated, I wanted to quit. So I did . I moved to Texas,found a clinic,and after some testing, I was diagnosed ADHD. He was also able to treat my chronic insomnia. I'd never felt better. Now,I'm right back where I started. Please, can someone point me in the right direction?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure what you are asking.Please explain what information would be helpful.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid no doctor will see me without insurance. I have money,I can pay the office visit. I've been diagnosed once and the treatment was extremely effective. All I am asking is if a doctor in this area can help me feel normal again. My lack of insurance leads me to believe there's nothing someone can do.
If you can pay at the time of the visit, almost any doctor would be willing to see you, including the doctor that you had seen previously. The only exception would be doctors that practice in a clinic that is dedicated to a single insurance provider, such as a Kaiser clinic. The options for treatment would be the same for a person without insurance as for a patient with insurance. Certain medicines are very expensive, but if you are able to afford the doctor visits and the medicines, then you would have all the same options as a person with insurance.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
To be clear,I live in Kansas now,which is why I need a new doctor. Do you have a doctor you recommend as well as an approximation for the visit?
It would be impossible to get an approximation for the cost of the visit. I do not know the doctors in Kansas, so cannot make a recommendation, per se, but can look for doctors that are qualified to treat these problems, if that would be helpful. If so, please let me know the city in Kansas in which you are located.
Since you have not responded with information on the city in Kansas, I have been unable to seek information on qualified doctors in your area. However, if you were to contact the local Health Department, they would be a resource to guide you in locating local doctors.