Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I'm taking 2mg clonzepam at night. I sleep about 5 hrs then

Customer Question

I'm taking 2mg clonzepam at night. I sleep about 5 hrs then size of and on til I get up. Then I feel drowsy and tired all day. Is this normal? I'm taking them for anxiety
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyour fatigue during the day can be from the clonazepam or from you not getting proper rest at night timemany issues can cause poor sleep at night time and fatigue during the day.being overeweight can increase risks for snoring and sleep apnea which can disrupt your sleep and cause you fatigue during the daya sleep study can help look for thisthyroid problems like hyperthyroidism or low thyroid hormones can affect sleep and cause you not to sleep welllack of exercise during the day can cause you to not sleep well at night time.poor sleep hygiene, like TV or computers in your bedroom can affect your sleep.all of these need to be looked intotaking naps during the day can cause you to not sleep well at night time and cause fatigue as welllet me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is not normal.And clonazapam is not the correct medicine long term. It also disrupts the sleep cycle. It should be replaced at this point with a correct medicine SSRI. Please click a positive rating. I will give you correct answers.Let me know if you have more.
SoThis needs to be addressed immediatelyLong term use of colonazapm is associated with sleep disorder, cognitive dysfunction, and alzheimers.
I am a double board certified US doctor.I am here daily and you can find me in medical.Use a long request lock and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title. Please click a positive for Dr. ThomasLet me know if you have more questions.