Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Possible hiv exposure 6 weeks ago. Possible lymph nodes swelling

Customer Question

Possible hiv exposure 6 weeks ago. Possible lymph nodes swelling both sides of neck but don't feel just a single ball more like the whole muscle is sore and felt "full" for about a month. Other possible symptoms are lower abdomen pain. I thought maybe I was dehydrated and the pain went away. Also had 1 Itchy spot on chest. 1 on each arm. 1 on each had. Super itchy. Apple apple cider vinegar application and it went away literally with a day or too. No fever. No hot flashes. No other symptoms. This has me SUPER stressed. Also think that if not hiv then due to dehydration and stressed feeling. Whatdoyahthink doc?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I'm Camille and I’m a moderator for this topic. We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit. I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still needing assistance from one of our Experts? Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question. Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal. Thank you, Camille~Moderator
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to get a response to my answer thank you
Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.
Best,
Camille-Moderator
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
What type of exposure did you have 6 weeks ago?
I had asked about the type of exposure to discuss the risk of the exposure. Without that information, the only comments that can be made would be pertaining to these symptoms. The constellation of symptoms that you describe is not worrisome for an acute HIV infection, also called acute retroviral syndrome, or ARS. Swollen lymph nodes certainly can commonly occur with ARS and abdominal pain can sometimes occur, but itching spots on the skin are not a typical symptom. In addition, you are not having symptoms that are very common with ARS, such as fever and sore throat. So, this combination of symptoms is not concerning for ARS. If I can provide any further information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Protected sex with Filipino Hooker in subic bay for 35 minutes then in the midst of my drunken stupidly I took it off for about 4 minutes MAX. Th day I had pain in my lower left abdomen not my stomach. And maybe a sour smell so I went to medical on my ship. They did a STD Check and tested my urine and it came back all negative. But still with the lower left abdomen pain so I used whatever I could I.e garlic, the pain got worse every night, finally a few days later someone in my work center said they went to medical and got an IV and they felt better so rather than an IV I just drank water and it all went away. The itchy random spots could be Mosquitos or whatever I feel buzzing by my ears now that I am back home. The neck fullness is really weird though, for me it's because it's on both sides, right side more than left but in the same spots, the same muscle. The neck fullness is actually going away though maybe because I'm not stressing over it everyday, or because I eat 2 cloves everynjght and drink a good amount of apple cider vinegsr everynight. The garlic makes my stomach feel weird though
The average risk to the male of a single encounter of unprotected penile-vaginal sex with an HIV positive female that is not receiving treatment is about 0.05%, which also means that 99.95% do not get HIV.If the HIV status of the female is unknown, then the overall risk would be lower by a value representing the prevalence of HIV, although Filipino prostitutes would certainly be risky for a high prevalence. But even in the worse case scenario, the risk would be about 0.05%. A shorter than usual sexual encounter also logically would have slightly lower risk, but there are no studies that can identify the risk according to the duration of the sexual encounter. The swelling in the neck is most likely a generic virus.