Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My mom is working in Sacramento and her feet swelled up

Customer Question

Hi my mom is working in Sacramento and her feet swelled up from the heat and she has a rash. Is there anythng she can do to speed up her recovery other than putting her feet up, so she can work tomorrow? Her shoes wont even go on.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

she could have a cellulitis infection of her legs causing a rash on her legs

why can't she elevate her legs up above her heart?

has she tried to cut out salt out of her diet?

does she have heart problems?

new heart weakness or new heart problems can cause leg swelling.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh my I thought it was just from the heat due to the heat rash. I will ask her about her heart. However, I didnt mean to suggest she couldnt lay with her feet up she was laying with her feet up at the time. My mom and I both have low BP and we both swelled up while pregnant. My own blood doesnt have enough pressure to come back up from my feet and stay there due to a bad vein or valve they want to burn the vein to correct my problems wit swelling up and developing ulcers. Could she be getting the same type of problem because my advice while waiting to hear back from you was to suggest a supportive knee high or compression stolking. She should see her MD instead?

i

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
she should see her doctor

yes, supportive compression stockings on her legs could help as well.

burning one supervision vein in the leg may not solve the problem with swelling in your legs.

there are light supportive stockings like what she can buy over the counter light exercise tights or stretch pants

or medical compression stockings for the legs which are much thicker and tighter and need a doctor's prescription to obtain from the medical store.

she can try the over the counter ones first

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com