Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

Pain in left upper quad. Began yesterday when sun bathing and turned to lay on the stomach

Customer Question

Pain in left upper quad. Began yesterday when sun bathing and turned to lay on the stomach when Och!something happened and I have this pain. It feels somewhat better with splitting.{QUESTION}
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
you have not asked a question.
I assume you wonder what this is.
Pain in this area can be pancreatitis: you need the ER as this would be serious and potentially life threatening. It is not self help or self treatment.
Pain in this area can also be from
stomach ulcer
colon problem [diverticulosis/itis]
IBS: irritable bowel.
Problem with the spleen.
I suggest immediate examination.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not sure why I wrote splitting I meant splinting. The area that is very painful would be the area of the spleen. All I did was turn over and I felt a pop and had the pain. I guess I'm trying to avoid a ER visit.
You can't avoid an ER visit here.
This is:
a. acute
b. potentially serious
c. in need of lab testing.
We do not diagnose or treat here, and we do not replace a doctors visit. We answer specific medical questions. Let me know if there is anything not answered.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.