Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I woke up this morning with a pain that felt like cramping

Customer Question

I woke up this morning with a pain that felt like cramping in my lower middle abdomen. Occasionally, the pain gets sharper and radiates into my penis. I thought it might be constipation after taking milk of magnesia and having a good bowel movement the pain continues.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!Mid abdomen could be a gastrointestinal type source of my pain but did for this to radiate to penis...I wonder that you might have prostate infection which would commonly radiate to penis .. Common ache mid low back for prostate infection ...I would watch for possible urinary symptoms such as hesitancy to start urine stream..more frequent urination...having to get up a couple or few times at night as possible symptoms to watch for ( infection of prostate may cause short term enlargement of prostate and related symptoms)Testicular pain could be caused by torsion of testicle or epididymitis...( you don't report testicular or scrotum pain but something to watch for ) Pain with urinating to watch for .. Other symptoms of concern would be nausea or fever .. If pain is so severe as to prevent sleep or you have other concerning symptoms develop then you may need medical attention this weekend ( so urgent care or ER as options)If low grade discomfort orchopedully improving then it should be ok to wait and see doctor early this next week... I think that physical exam and supporting tests may be needed to specifically answer the question as to your cause .. At this point I think it is more getting a sense of the urgency of your need and benefit of medical attention...I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.Further details are welcome and updated as time progresses here will be fine --- Let me know if you have further details or changed. I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers and assistance are helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD
Hello again--
Another consideration could be a kidney stone which might hurt sharply in abdomen if in lower ureter to bladder...this could fit with pain radiating to penis as well..
So urine specimen may be helpful to evaluating this symptom pattern...
I hope that this is helpful.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.
Best regards,
Anthony Bray MD