Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

My body temperature is usually low in the 97's. everytime I

Customer Question

my body temperature is usually low in the 97's. everytime I get a migraine headache it goes lower, today with a migraine, I am extremely cold and shivering even with blankets and a sweater. I have nausea too which is usual with my migraine headaches. I took my temperature and it was 96. I would like to take a Tylenol for the headache but fear it will lover my body temperature further. but the headache is bad and needs something. Can I take a Tylenol safely? Will it reduce my temp to dangerous levels?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.
Lowering of body temperature with migraine headache is not a normal phenomenon.
Besides you are experiencing nausea as well. I am more concerned about stroke or an underlying infection here.
Yes you can take tylenol safely a body will preserve the temperature for normal functioning.
But I will suggest you to go to the ER for a clinical evaluation today.
THey should check for any infection and stroke first.
Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
If you are morbidly obese BMI more than 38, then weight loss surgery may be a good option to preserve your joints, and also maybe cure diabetes.
Blood sugar will drop with weight loss usually.