Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been having tongue sores past year on the tip

Customer Question

I've been having tongue sores for the past year on the tip and sides of my tongue. They always appear as a yellow spot and then It grows Into a circle or a line. The Inside of the sore Is usually pink or red and the border Is always white/yellow. They usually feel kinda Irritated or burn and It can sometimes get pretty uncomfortable If I get a lot of them. I've also been having a bad taste/bad breath In my mouth ever since I've been having these problems.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Bad taste and redness in the mdidle suggest inflammation from infection.These are likely bacterial infection related issue.Oral cavity bacteria can cause this.It is better to consider Amoxicillin 500 mg 3 times daily for a week to treat the infection.Silent acid reflux also can cause this as another possibility.Thatcan be treated with omeprazole 40 mg daily for 6-8 weeks.Please consult with a ENT surgeon also. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us today. If you have any additional questions or need further clarifications, please do not hesitate to ask. I am here to answer them. I wish you good health. Regards, ***** *****