Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have been getting green pooh several days a week, is it possible

Customer Question

I have been getting green pooh several days a week, is it possible that it could been from what I am eating? Sometimes I do not eat a regular meal, just a lot of picking and also maybe a couple times a week I have a glass of red wine. In the mornings (mostly every morning M-F) I have coffee with a creamer called sweet cream. About 30 minutes later I am in the bathroom with dierria (sorry I know that it is not spelled correctly).
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it could be the coffee or caffeine or creamer irritating your bowels causing diarrhea.
green stool can be a sign of fast bowel transit times or IBS or irritable bowel syndrome.
some people can be allergic to milk lactose sugar or wheat gluten protein which can irritate the bowels and cause diarrhea or bowel irritation and diarrhea.
you might need to keep a food diarrhea to see what foods cause worse issues
if you haven't had a colonoscopy in 5-10 years, you might need to see a GI doctor to get a colonoscopy evaluation.
you should be getting stool occult blood testing of your stools at least once a year
let me know if you have questions.