Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My bp recently has gone done to 110/55 with h beat of 48, I'm

Customer Question

My bp recently has gone done to 110/55 with h beat of 48, I'm a male 68 normal weight..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
That blood pressure is not worrisome and is in the normal range. The pulse rate however is a bit low since the normal range is 60 to 100 beats per minute. Anything that is below 60 is considered bradycardia and there are numerous causes for this. Being on certain medication like Beta blockers is one cause while bradycardia is more commonly seen in athletes who have a stronger heart which can work more effectively and efficiently with fewer number of beats per minute.
If you do not have any symptoms of dizziness, confusion, sweating, chest pain, shortness of breath and anxiety then I would suggest that you discuss this with your PCP on your next routine visit. If there are symptoms, you should go to an Urgent Care or an ER to have an ECG done.
Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Let me know if you have any concerns about this.
Best.