Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I am experiencing severe rectal pain and bleeding when I try

Customer Question

I am experiencing severe rectal pain and bleeding when I try to pass stools,also rectal pain when urinating doctor gave me laxatives and ointment pain and bleeding stopped but once I stopped laxatives it has returned I am going for a colonoscopy on Monday and am terrified it is serious, I have lost weight recently but I have changed my diet due to high glucose /type 2 diabetes can you advise
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
it sounds like your bleeding most likely was coming from rectal and anal hemorrhoids
laxatives and steroid ointments can help calm down hemorrhoid bleeding
hemorrhoids are veins which are in the rectum and anal area and with large hard stools and if you strain and push hard out your stools, this can cause
a colon cancer or rectal cancer would not get better with laxatives and ointments
it sounds like you are worried about having cancer.
I am glad you are having a colonoscopy
I bet they will find hemorrhoids
let me know if you have questions.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see you had a follow up question for me.
the best thing to help your hemorrhoid is to avoid constipation and use steroid creams and steroid suppositories to help decrease inflammation
if this doesn't work, and you still have bad hemorrhoids, then you need hemorrhoid surgery to have a surgeon to in and cut them out to have them stop bleeding.
but when you used your stool softeners and laxatives and steroid ointments, these worked for you to help you stop bleeding.
you need to keep that up as well as eat more fruits and vegetables and fiber in your diet to avoid constipation.
best of luck to you
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com