Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I'm 36. 5'4.5" 126 lbs. From my knees to my ankle cuffs

Customer Question

Hi, I'm 36. 5'4.5" 126 lbs. From my knees to my ankle cuffs I have a rather disperportioned amount of fat, that is tender, easily bruised, and swells by mid day.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry you are having these symptoms
you could have a lipoma or benign fat collection in your calves causing these symptoms
you should see your doctor and get an ultrasound scan of your legs and calves to check for proper blood flow and circulation
a doppler ultrasound can check for stenosis or narrowing of arteries or veins in your legs which can lead to poor blood flow and swelling.
elevating your legs when you sit down above your heart can help decrease swelling
compression stockings or tights or leggings can help compress the legs and help squeeze fluid up and out of your legs.
your liver produced albumin levels have to be checked. this is a protein made by the liver to help keep fluid in the blood vessels and out of the soft tissues.
do you have a doctor you can see who can run these tests for you ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you heard of lipodema? I think I have that.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
lymphedema occurs when lymph nodes in the groin area are damaged by surgery or radiation to cause excessive lymphatic fluid to pool in the legs
have you had surgery or radiation to the lymph nodes in the inguinal or groin area of your body to damage those lymph nodes?