Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

BODY PAINS- MUSCLES, HEAD ACHES, FEVER,COLD FEVER, COUGH. JUST

Customer Question

BODY PAINS- MUSCLES, HEAD ACHES, FEVER,COLD FEVER, COUGH. JUST TIRED ALL THE TIME
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
When did these symptoms first start?
How high does the fever get?
What evaluation has been done for these symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The symptoms started last week thursday already
I stay in S.A so fever goes up to about 39.8 degrees celcius
No evaluation done whatsoever.
I am sorry, but there is still an aspect that is unclear.
It is not typical for a doctor to provide Voltaren injections without performing some amount of evaluation, even if only an examination pertinent to the symptoms.
Was an examination done?
If so, did the doctor comment upon the findings of an examination?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No examination was done, I only told the doctor about the constant muscle pain and head aches and he thought voltaren would help, it did not. he also said im just tired because of the fever.
Thank you for the additional information.
The most common cause of muscle pains, headache, fever, and cough of short duration would be a viral infection. If someone is more severely ill, it would be appropriate to be concerned about more serious infections, such as pneumonia, but this may be able to be excluded by examination. An influenza infection also will commonly cause infections associated with more severe muscle pain, although whether you are in the flu season would depend upon whether you are in the northern or southern hemisphere.
Certainly, it is also possible that the symptoms could be due to an inflammatory condition, although this is usually more of a concern when symptoms are more chronic in nature.
If it is a viral infection, the usual approach would be symptomatic relief, along with general supportive care of getting plenty of rest and drinking plenty of fluids. If the Voltaren injections are not helping the pain, then it would be OK to augment the Voltaren with acetaminophen/paracetamol. Alternating between the two drugs will frequently work better than either alone. There are also stronger pain medicines, but are only available by prescription.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.