TheGermDoctor
TheGermDoctor, Doctor
Experience:  17 years as a physician, Board Certified in both Internal Medicine and Infectious Diseases
13956133

I am currently on a 12 week trial of Harvoni to treat my

Customer Question

I am currently on a 12 week trial of Harvoni to treat my Hepatitis C. I take Effexor for depression, Clonazapam 1 mg three times a day for anxiety, propanal, and ambien. For the last week or so, I have been Extremely Tired and Fatigued. I am pale, and
my wife thinks that I look disoriented and High (like how you would look from an opiod high). I am not on any Pain medication at all, and I have read the side effects of Harvoni, yet she thinks is concerned. I am trying to tell her that I am fine, I am just
extremly tired and fatigued, and my head hurts, just like the side effects say. She thinks I'm high. What can I do to get it through her head, these are just part of the side effects????
Category: Medical
Expert:  TheGermDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Fatigue is the most common of the rare side effects of Harvoni
It may be useful to have your doctor check your blood work- make sure your blood counts and chemistry are stable.
And maybe if you are more tired, and you can, lower your clonazepam and cut the Ambien
But I would certainly not miss any doses of Harvoni
The good news is its only for 12 weeks- it will be over before you know- and has a very high success rate
Good luck
I hope that helps
Please provide an excellent rating if this answered your question