Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I need a refill of my add medication. I do not know how to

Customer Question

I need a refill of my add medication. I do not know how to go about it. I went to urgent care with prescription history and they declined a week teensupply. I work 830 to 5 Monday to Friday. Which makes it inconvenient for me. Saturdays. He is sometimes in and sometimes not. I don't know. I hate being looked at like I am seeking drugs.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
You need to be seeing a doctor that you can see on a regular bases for these prescriptions. Urgent Care Centers and ERs typically would not refill chronic medicines, particularly controlled substances.
If there is a local doctor that routinely has office hours, then it would be reasonable to change doctors, but if there is no such option, then you would need to adjust your schedule to accommodate what is available.