Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am suffering from excessive head sweating. Just walking around

Customer Question

I am suffering from excessive head sweating. Just walking around the store at a slow pace and sweat starts pouring from my head. I don't sweat anywhere else.
I have been bothered by it for years and felt that it might have something to do with my weight. I recently lost 60 pounds (over a year) and I am still bothered.
I am 71 years old, in good health, exercise 5 days a week. Take meds for high blood pressure and acids reflux. Also take vitamins, calcium and fiber tablets.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
Have you been seen or tested for this as yet?
Have you had a thyroid test done recently?
Do you have any other medical problems other than what you have mentioned.
Please let me know.
Kind regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
No
No
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would recommend that you be seen for this and have your thyroid hormone levels checked.One common cause of this is raised levels of thyroid hormones.I would also like that you should have other causes like autonomic neuropathy considered.If you have not had a full blood workup recently I would like that you should have that done to make sure that all your major organs of the body are working fine.The blood work up will also check your blood glucose levels.Quite often profuse sweating is related to neuropathy as a result of diabetes which must be considered and ruled out.It is really wonderful to know that you have been able to lose so much weight after working so hard.Let me know if you have more questions.I would appreciate it if you rate me by clicking on one of the stars (rating options).Kind regards