Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

QUESTION}every morning 2 hrs I have a bowel movement mostly diarehea. after sev

Customer Question

{QUESTION}every morning for about 2 hrs I have a bowel movement mostly diarehea. after several bowel movements and pain I am good for the day
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
I am sorry you are having these symptoms of diarrhea in the mornings.
you should try to avoid alcohol during the mornings or taper down your alcohol so you are not drinking as much. this could help your diarrhea symptoms in the morning.
you could also be allergic to something you eat like lactose milk sugars or gluten wheat proteins which can cause diarrhea.
alcohol can irritate your bowels and irritate your colon to cause diarrhea in the mornings if you are drinking
how much alcohol are you drinking in the mornings?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear dr. david, I start drinking shots of vodka every morning at 8am. however, my diarehea and pain is only after 2hrs upon wakening(during the 2hr period). I don't drink during the day but I do my shots on an empty stomach everyday and smoke cigs. I take immoduim every night and my appetite is good. it is only when I wake up in the morning that the pain and my diarehea begins. especially after drinking water or eating. After a couple of hrs I feel fine for the rest of the day and want a drink. I was diagnosed with IBS IN 2010, I am a Sr. Citizen in poverty and take a lot of medications for my depression and also my glaucoma. What do you think I should do? please email me to***@******.***
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are doing some serious damage to your stomach by taking shots of vodka every morning at 8am.
you are giving yourself a stomach ulcer doing this
you need to seek help about alcohol use and slowly taper down on your alcohol use
you need to see a GI doctor to get an upper endoscopy scope procedure to check down into your stomach to check for stomach ulcers.
you need to work towards stopping your alcohol use
or else your alcohol and smoking can increase your risks for stomach cancer, lung cancer, throat cancer, bladder cancer, esophageal cancer.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com