Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Nights in a row I have been in a lot of pain

Customer Question

Hi
For three nights in a row I have been in a lot of pain in stomach area just as I lay down to go to sleep. I am not not able to fall asleep till early hours in the morning. Even after taking pain relief the pain is still quit strong.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Where exactly you get the pain? Just below rib cage in mid line? Do you feel discomfort behind breast bone? Which pain medicines you have tried? Does it get severe after eating? How severe is the pain? Regards
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I was not getting your reply so I am sending an answer here. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per symptoms the pain can be due to acid reflux or stomach ulcer. Possibility of pancreas and gall bladder diseases are also there but they are less likely. Since it is related to eating, the stomach ulcer or reflux become more likely. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. As far as what you can do yourself is concerned in such situations over the counter available capsule omeprazole 20 mg twice daily and syrup Gaviscon 2 table spoon twice daily can be tried. If they help you in 6 hours, you can continue for a week but if symptoms persist, you must go to ER to get yourself examined. I am hopeful that my suggestions will help you so don't get stressed. Avoid tea, coffee, alcohol and spicy foods. Take sips of cold milk. Avoid anything like ibuprofen, aspirin or naproxen as they can aggravate the problem. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards