Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Does this mole look ok? It's partially raised

Customer Question

Category: Medical
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!It looks that there is some inflammatory reaction to this area . the skin lesion looks raised but a bit irregular in shape and thickness. I think that it would be best to Have this checked further by dermatologist. I would be inclined to biopsy this and have it reviewed by pathologist. I can't look at this and tell you with certainty that this might not be a sqamois cell or nasal cell carcinoma.How long have you had this lesion? Is it itching? Has it changed in past six months? These details would be helpful.I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or discussion.I will be happy to get back with you! If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards!Anthony Bray MD
Sorry..typos above..Squamous or Basal cell carcinoma it was supposed to say...spellcheck error...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dies it look like melanoma

No it does not look like melanoma ....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok. Good. It is right on my panty line. I get check ups but I do t know if she saw this cuz its right on the line. No itching. I get check up every 4 montjs

Hello again--Well specifically ask about this at next visit. If this skin lesion is changing then I would have it checked sooner than 4 months...ok 4 months if no change at all...I hope that this is helpful Let me know if you have further questions or concerns Best Regards!Anthony Bray MD
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again--It looks a bit inflamed...is it sore at all? lThe scale vs your finger is helpful. it is not that large in size ....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I squeezed thought it was a pimple lol

Hello again, it may be a ganuloma response to an infection. similar to pimple but not the type that you squeeze it or "pop" to make it go away!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No its a slightly raised mole. Still look bad

It does not look that bad ...how long has it been there ??-- has it changed in past 6 months ??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't think so. U scared me

Hello again--Sorry I'm not out to scare you. The characteristics of this mole would matter as to if it has been the same over last six months or changing ...the more that you think it may have changed in recent months the more I would be inclined to check it with biopsy ...if not changing over time then that would be reassuring....I hope that this is helpful and makes sense...Take Care! Let me know if you have further questions....