DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have what seems to be called angioma- pin hole sized spots

Customer Question

i have what seems to be called angioma- pin hole sized spots on my scrotum that gush blood for a while. Ive had them since my 20's. A simple towel dry will make them pour. It happens once a year, maybe every two. And usually with multiple attempts of pressure, i stop it within 2 hours.
Today though, i have one that started ten hours ago. Last night, i pinched it with a paper binder clip (about 1/2 inch wide), for about 90 minutes, When i too the clip out, it gushed again; tried it again overnight (7 hour sleep) and when i too it off this morning, it went back to gushing. Do i need to go have it checked at this point? If so, who do i go to? I did noticed that this one is on top of a thick blood vessel ( a vein i assume) probably 2-4 mm wide. I've had varicoceles since late puberty/early adulthood.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...Most of the angioma like spots bleed profusely and sometime uncontrolled bleeding occurs because of increase pressure underlying the angioma and as you mentioned you have gush of blood not stopping so at this stage it would be ideal for you to have examination and appropriate management otherwise it will bleed more .
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
To give you an answer to your question.
Have immediate attention.
In addition, this is not a normal situation.
You need further medical work up.
Platelets should be checked.
Also, milder forms of bleeding disorder should be ruled out.
This is standard of medical care anytime bleeding does not stop.
I am a double board certified US doctor: let me know if you have further questions.
Please click a positive rating.