Dr.Amita
Dr.Amita, Doctor
Experience:  MD.Extensive knowledge of medicine.
20638885

I am constantly feeling bloated and gassy and have mucus in the stool. Also I feel tir

Customer Question

Hi. I am constantly feeling bloated and gassy and have mucus in the stool. Also I feel tired all of the time and generally have a sore belly. I'm only 23 so I don't know if it could be bowel cancer..?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Amita replied 1 year ago.
Hello I amCustomerand I would be helping you today.The expert you requested is not online.At your age bowel cancer is highly unlikely.Moreover the symptoms do not suggest carcinoma.These symptoms are suggestive of a condition known as irritable bowel syndrome.The underlying cause for this condition is not known but symptoms include bloating, gas, diarrhea or constipation or both at different times and mucus.Most people are able to manage the condition by lifestyle changes and changes in diet.I am giving below a link where you can know more about the condition. http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/irritable-bowel-syndrome/basics/definition/con-20024578 This was the initial answer.Please use "reply to expert" button if you need to continue.