Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My BP is 180/113 and my pulse is 100, Do I need to go

Customer Question

Hi, my BP is 180/113 and my pulse is 100, Do I need to go to the emergency room? I’m a 37 y/o caucasian male, 5’9’’, 148lbs, currently under a lot of stress. i would say that my average pressure have been increasing significantly over the past year, but this last reading has me more than concerned. I am under more stress than usual - actually, more stress than I’ve experienced in years. I am active; I do not smoke; I rarely drink (maximum 2 times per month - 1 to 2 drinks - I do not smoke and I do not maintain the healthiest diet, but I do not eat saturated fat by the spoonsful. What is going on? I have ta***** *****sinopril and Metoprolol, both of which I despised and gave me ED and made me lethargic. What are your initial thoughts?
Thanks,
DM
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
You should repeat your blood pressure and if it continues to stay high then I would recommend that you be seen for this ASAP.
The ED was more likely due to metoprolol and not due to lisinopril as it is a more frequent side effect of the former.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Kind regards