Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had a cough and drainage and have had head,

Customer Question

I have had a cough and drainage for years and have had head, lungs, etc checked. One doc says asthma but no meds work. I just read a book on silent reflux and the vagus nerve.. book by Jaime Kaufman and think that this high alkaline diet may be addressing some of my issues but I want to know who I should see about addressing treatment of the nerve damage (assuming it is damaged) to finally rid myself of this problem.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. I shall try my best to assist you while you are corresponding with me.
You should be seeing a gastrointestinal surgeon for this. Reflux often presents like this and vagus nerve hypersensitivity can also cause excessive acid secretion in the stomach leading to worsening of the problem. A vagotomy can be a good option.
Let me know if you have any concerns about this.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service.
Best wishes.