Dr. Abid
Dr. Abid, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS(R)
16766337

My symptoms are pain in the lower left stomach, stool that

Customer Question

My symptoms are pain in the lower left stomach, stool that look like a pile of mud,sometimes feel naseaus,mucus white tissue in stool. Doctor did colonscopy,stool tests,blood tests. said i have ulcerative colitis , after going in for the follow up he said i dont have uc and that i have an inflammation in the rectum, then he said i might have an allergy reaction. I think hes taking guesses and doesnt know whats wrong with me after i took prednisone and lialda for a month after he diagnosed me with uc i got really bad acne and he told me to stop the medicines . However its been 2 months now and im still in pain, still have unformed muddy looking stool, and not sure what it could be . Any idea what i should do ?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
Hi there ...
Expert:  Dr. Abid replied 1 year ago.
It would be ideal for you to have two more test first to rule out fat Malabsorption you should proceed with Stool test for fat globules , second to confirm Ulcerative colitis you should proceed with biopsy of intestine which is gold standard to diagnose UC , Similarly one should get Calprotectin and Lactoferrin stool test for diagnosis of UC , as treatment depends on exact diagnosis so you should proceed with test that I mentioned for proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please leave positive feedback for me .Thanks .