Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

Wife has grave's disease..

Customer Question

Wife has grave's disease..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this question
I'm sorry your wife is afflicted with this terrible illness
What questions do you have about it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry the website wasn't working for any of our devices. They wanted to remove the thyroid or give her radiation pills.. I thought that was a bit extreme. Any suggestions?
No, this is standard of care today. This is the best treatmentradioactive thyroid ablation (RAI) is a good idea
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand and thank you. To put it in perspective electric shock therapy was ok as a standard in the 30s and 40 as a standard. I apologize if I sound rude there is no intention.. I just believe the medical field has gone down a few bars since you were young as have I in the it field. I just think bypassing the moment to cure a disease is a great disappointment when you have the chance to do something great.. again thank you for the advice.
You will find it interesting that electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) is commonly used today for depression that won't respond to medicineBut....I understand where you are coming from and yes medicine is slow in some areas.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it