Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Can u please help me am a nervous wreck and i really some answers.

Customer Question

can u please help me am a nervous wreck and i really some answers. I am 26 week pregnant with my first child. I found out I have posteria placenta previa complete. I am very upset about that. My first question is, is it possible that it might move as i go on in my pregnancy? Next question is my 1 hour glucose came back at 149 so they wanted me to take the 3 hour one in which i did. I just got the result and they are telling me that I have gestational diabetes. I am extremely upset it feels like everything is going wrong. Here are my results and please tell me what you think.
fasting - 76
1 hour - 186
2 hour - 179
3 hour - 97
i will be waiting for you answer anxiously. Thank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.
Thank you for your question.
I will be helping you out with your queries.
My first question is, is it possible that it might move as i go on in my pregnancy?
It is possible that the placenta might move a little but for it to move completely would be pretty unlikely considering that it is a complete placenta previa.
Just to let you know, placenta previa again is not something that I would worry about too much as all you will require is a surgery i.e. cesarean section which is something that is very commonly and very safely done nowadays.
Next question is my 1 hour glucose came back at 149 so they wanted me to take the 3 hour one in which i did. I just got the result and they are telling me that I have gestational diabetes. I am extremely upset it feels like everything is going wrong. Here are my results and please tell me what you think.
fasting - 76
1 hour - 186
2 hour - 179
3 hour - 97
Yes you do have gestational diabetes with the results that you have posted.
Again, not something a great deal to worry about.
Treatment in form of insulin may be required and dietary modification may also help.
You should closely follow up with your doctor on this and hopefully things will turn out really well for you.
Let me know if you have more questions.
Kind regards