Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I caught gonnorhea seven days ago and today was the last

Customer Question

Hi, I caught gonnorhea seven days ago and today was the last day of antibiotic treatment. No discharge during the last 3 days. Today, someone who turned out to be hiv positive gave me a blow job and swallowed my cum. Am I at risk of catching hiv? Should I start the post treatment? I know that his viral load is low as he is on medication. On the other side, since I just had an STD, I am afraid that my penis might have some wounds or other weak points where the HIV virus from his mouth could enter my body?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
That is a decision for you and your prescribing doctor.
Your risk, as you describe it, is very low, but not zero.
Gonorrhea is a co factor in your susceptibility.
I am sure you do not know your partners exactly count, unless you have seen the most recent lab.
Too many uncertain factors, I would do PRP.
However, that should be discussed with your doc.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will talk to a doctor ASAP (which will have to be tomorrow since it's Sunday now), but my question is: can I get hiv from his saliva in this case? I have read that the viral load of hiv in saliva is so little that there is no chance of infection. Does this change when my penis has bad gonorrhea in the past days? Again, no more discharge or burning, so the gonorreha infection should be gone. Can I get hiv from his saliva in this case?
You read incorrectly.
It is not that there is NO chance of infection. It is that the risk is next to zero, but not zero.
Regardless of what anyone tells you, there are reported cases of transmission like this.
As I said, gonorrhea is a co-factor to your susceptibility. However, if there is no inflammation, that also reduces the risk.
Also to be considered here is his risk of contracting gonorrhea, also low, but higher than your risk of contracting HIV.
please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.