Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I just had a vignal histeretmey is it ok to have anal 5days+

Customer Question

hi I just had a vignal histeretmey is it ok to have anal 5days+ ofter op?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
No, it usually is recommended to avoid sexual intercourse at this point, and that would include anal sex. Even though anal sex obviously avoids vaginal penetration, it still will cause manipulation of the vaginal and pelvic tissue, so after a vaginal hysterectomy, anal sex should be avoided for the same length of time as vaginal sex. The usual period of time for avoidance of sex is 6 weeks, although the exact length of time may be adjusted depending upon what was done by your surgeon. Your surgeon also should have advised when it would be OK to resume sex, and that time frame would apply to both vaginal and anal sex.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.