Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Is there any Hepatologist here

Customer Question

Is there any Hepatologist here
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a laboratory test last week which stated am Hepatitis B positive, i was curious about my constant sickness with typhoid and malaria but ever since i had the test i havent been myself though am placed on Livolin till Antigen and antibody results will be out please do you have any insight, My liver seems to be okay but i have too many gas in my stomach,body rashes and burning sensation. What can i do
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
No Hepatologist has responded, but I am familiar with hepatitis B and would be glad to assist you.
The labs that you attached do not indicate that you are hepatitis B positive.
Can you attach the labs that show you to be hepatitis B positive?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That was my LTF result, i don't have that with me right now but am really positive from the results i have but not on my computer
To have any meaningful discussion of hepatitis B, it would be necessary to know which test was positive. Some tests may indicate an old infection and there is no need for current treatment, particularly since your liver enzymes are normal.
While I was waiting for your reply, I reviewed some of your other recent questions, and the one test that you supplied that was positive was for a parasitic infection, which should be treated, such as with ivermectin.
As for the symptoms that you describe, there should be further evaluation to determine the cause of the symptoms. Symptomatic relief, such as simethicone for the gas and moisturizing cream for the rash, may be helpful until the evaluation is complete.