DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

On Saturday, June 27th (I think, or the 28th) My right ear felt stuffed up then it was rin

Customer Question

On Saturday, June 27th (I think, or the 28th) My right ear felt stuffed up then it was ringing (like a high pitched dog whistle. Then, a few days later, I developed head congestion (head cold). Went to a doctor one time and they couldn't check my ear properly due to a build up of wax blocking the pathway. So I had it flushed. Then he checked and said the drum wasn't red just some swelling in the tube. Also my throat was red. I got some of my hearing back in it but there's still a feeling of stuffiness and muffled sound. Still feel head cold (congestion) and the ringing still goes on. I'm worried. Do I have permanent hearing loss now? I've never experienced this in my life with a stuffy ear. It's now July 3rd 2015 and I still feel stuffed. I have no GP and the new one I'm thinking of using now can't get me an appointment until August 13th, 2015. I'm really scared, I don't know what to do! HELP ME!
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Go to the emergency room.
You should have antibiotics and steroids.
You are at risk for hearing loss due to inflammation, and this needs to be treated right now.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.