Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I took 6 mg klonopin today. I'm only supposed to

Customer Question

I took 6 mg klonopin today. I'm only supposed to take two mg. . ****Will this show up in my urine klonopin levels if I take 0 klonopin for 6 days and have the urine test 6 days from now?.....I sprint want the levels to be higher in my urine then they should be at the prescribed two mg a day dose.
I am prescribed the Klonopin by my doctor and took more due to anxiety from cold turkey tramadol withdrawal. I am in an intensive outpatient program. I plan to ask about using clonodin to help with the withdrawal from tramadol anxiety. Usually I am able to take my Klonopin correctly. To be quite frank I don't want to be taken off the Zklonopin for misuse One day.
I also two days ago was hospitalized due to urinary retention and an enlarged bladder . I was sent home on a catheter to collect my urine as I am unable to urinate on my own. This is to be further tested and looked into if course:( not sure if that would effect urine Klonopin levels or not?
Elizabeth
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.
There is no reason for you to be concerned in this situation.
The extra doses of Klonopin today would not be able to be identified by urine testing in 6 days if no Klonopin is taken during that time. In fact, even if you were to be taking your usual 2 mg per day for those 6 days, the extra doses taken today would not be identified. Since you have taken extra doses, you will run out of the pills early, so you could also resume the Klonopin at 2 mg per day in 3 days, and the extra doses today would not be able to be identified.
The fact that you are currently using a catheter will not alter the fact that the testing would not be able to detect the extra doses of Klonopin after 6 days.
If I can provide any further information, please let me know.